Finding a way to make marriage work

I found a way that work for us (me and my hubby). We are making our marriage last. We have built our relationship to be stronger than ever. I learned that through the six years of marriage that we need to have an open communication line. Instead of worrying about who will win the fight we would love each other enough to say” I am sorry”. It really does not matter who was at fault, we just have to be the bigger person to stand up and apologize. At times he would be the bigger man and do that and then there are times when I am the bigger woman. There are no winners and no looser. We are one unit as husband and wife. We learn to forgive each other for our faults. Don’t fret over the little stuff because the journey through life is long. Listen with our heart and not just with our ears.
In the beginning of our marriage like all marriages we had our share of problems. It was hard and we had our fair share of fights over small little pet pea stuff. But through the years we learned that with and open communication line we can tell each other anything. Our deepest feelings and desires to our deepest secrets. I don’t believe that there should be secrets keep from your partner or spouse. And things that happen in the past should remain there. Whenever we have a fight we would say sorry to each other no matter who is at fault we don’t point fingers. Yet we learned that we love each other more and we value each other more than those petty fights. Sometimes we just have to be the bigger person and say sorry first no matter if we are at fault or not. We love people and use things. When it comes to each other we put materialistic things aside. The world can crumble at our feet nothing matters as long as we are together with our healthy family. We don’t fret over the little stuff.
We also learn to listen with our heart instead of just with our ears. For majority of our marriage we would listen with our ears and have things go in one and then out the other. Now we listen with our heart and care about what our partner has to say. Everything he says has value to me and vise versa. If it is important to him then it is important to me even if I don’t care crap about the object. The object is not the point of focus but our partner is. So often I have forgotten about how much we have been blessed by our Lord. And I thank Him for reminding me each time I needed some motivation to move on. With Him and my hubby our marriage will last as long as we are here on earth.

No comments:

Overcome With Cuteness

Overcome With Cuteness