Do you speak Flowers?

I went to get flowers, and I learned something new today. I knew that flowers have been loved for their beauty and smell. Flowers are not just decoration but also use for healing. But each flower has their own specific meanings and was given to people as a symbol or gesture to communicate with the person who receives it. I knew about the roses where red means deep passionate love, pink being romantic love, white being pure love, yellow being friendship love and blue being deepest undying love and so on…but there are so many more.
I just wanted a simple bouquet to give to a friend and wish her well and fast recovery. But when the girl started to tell me about the meanings behind each flower I was blown away. She said to make the bouquet more meaningful I should pick out a few to put in there that suits as a symbol or saying I want to say to her in flowers. I picked out some Baby’s Breath for Happiness, some Chrysanthemum for you’re a wonderful friend and I love you, Daisy for her being gentle innocent and loyal friend and a few white and yellow roses for pure love and friendship. Then on the card I wrote why I chose the flowers and gave it to her and she was touched. I thought that was more meaningful than just giving her a bouquet of flowers already in a bunch. The girl made the bouquet look beautiful and it would have been very hard for me to do because these flowers were so different and in different colors. So in the end I was happy, the flower girl was happy making money, and my friend was happy.

No comments:

Overcome With Cuteness

Overcome With Cuteness