Would you punish other people's children?

Would you punish other people's children? I posted this question on Mylot about two days ago and had a lot of responses. It started off on a very cold day. I was just about to go grab a jacket for PBJ because she wanted to go play outside. The phone rang, it was my friend Mandy. Mandy called me and asked me to take care of her son for about an hour or so. I reluctantly agreed to this because I had a positive experience with her son (JJr) before. In about half an hour after the phone conversation she dropped JJr off. They gave each other long hugs and great big kisses and JJr then turned to me and given me a great big hug too. All was well...so I thought.

Mandy drove off and as soon as I closed the door JJr acted up. He wanted to watch TV, well okay I said what would you like to watch. He said "CARS" so I put the DVD in and turned it on. PBJ and Bree Bree sat close by JJr and was playing with their dolls and such. I stepped over to the kitchen island to make some hot coco for the kids because it was a cold day. Then out of no where I heard screaming from PBJ, I looked over and I was about to kick some butt. JJr had a doll in one hand and my PBJ's hair in another hand. I ran over there and grabbed JJr's hand and asked him to let go, he did but then he kicked me. I told him that that was not acceptable and for him to stop. He then continue on screaming and kicking and might I added he was screaming those 4 letter words. I didn't believe my ears, mind you I don't let my kids say those words nor do I let others say it to them. So, I told Pbj to come with me (Bree Bree in my arms) and we walked upstairs. I told her to stay there and play in her room while I go call Mandy.

I took JJr and put him in the corner while I was calling Mandy. Right when Mandy picked up the phone he shuts up. I relay the information to Mandy and she said she be right there. I then called my hubby to come home from the store because of what is going on at home. During the whole time I was talking to my hubby, JJr was kicking me not hard but still. My hubby of course came back first before Mandy. My husband started off saying JJr you do not hit, kick, nor curse at my family members and so on and so on with the lecture. Then he said I am going to spank your butt. I told him no because he was not our child. My hubby said okay but if he tries it again he is not going to let him just kick us or hit us. JJr seems to understand that my hubby means business so he stop and just sat at the corner. I went upstairs to explain to my own kids that his actions are not acceptable in this household and he was acting like an animal. That those things that came out of his mouth is not what good little children say. I explained to PBJ that if JJr was my kid he would be in a whole lot of trouble. I reassure my kids that I love them and I would not let anyone hurt them.

Mandy came back and said sorry and left with JJr. She later on called me to tell me that she doesn't think that it was that bad and but she was sorry. She then said something that makes me want to break up our friendship. She told me that boys will be boys and it was all just for fun. I was like how is calling me a B**** fun? How is it fun when he calls my babies that? How is it fun when he was kicking me and pulling my daughter's hair? You know they say words don't hurt, yeah they sting.....I don't agree with her on this. Boys don't act like that if they are good. Bad behaviors needs to be corrected for not just our benefit but for their future as well.

From what I got from the fellow mylotters is that yes JJr should have been disciplined but I just didn't think that it was within my power to do so. It was his parents. And NO he is never allowed in this home again. I do not let known offenders into my home to hurt my children or me. Would you? What would you do?

No comments:

Overcome With Cuteness

Overcome With Cuteness