Woman hard to please?

Are women impossible to please? Someone made that comment to me today. He said that most women he has come across have been impossible for him to please. For instance, his own mother wanted him to finish college with a degree in medicine but he has a pharmaceutical degree instead. Although she was please with the fact that he has a degree she wanted a doctor and MD not PHARMD. For his girlfriend of two years, even though he has given her an engagement ring she still wants him to set a wedding date LOL…I would expect that to be set too. For his co-workers, letting them off earlier they claim that they are not getting their hours. Keeping them longer to work they would complain that they are working overtime and have other plans made.
I worked with all men at a job before. I was their manager and I was much younger than majority of them. I find out that they were thinking the same way. The younger ones were much more willing to do the things requested to be done for each project. They had no complaints and nor did I. But for those who were older than me they said I was really hard to please. That no matter what they do in the project, it will not please me. That is not true it is that they don’t want to do what is suppose to be done that is why I was not please. I believe it is in the person’s head. Because they saw me as a little girl who should play the role of follow the leader instead of being the leader that made them think that it was so hard to please me. The role that I played confused them and within the confusion they lost the true meaning of what their own roles were. What I mean is that they were too focus on the fact that I was not capable (in their eyes) or their ego or pride keep them from doing what they were suppose to do. Rather than finish the project the way I requested they much rather do it their way which is not what I asked for.
For example this guy, when he gave his girl friend an engagement ring you would think he would like to get married. So, it is just common sense to think that wedding date will be set. As for his mother, I am sure she is proud of his accomplishment. As for his co-workers, maybe something came up that day or times when he wanted them to work late and they couldn’t. It just that it’s nearing the holiday and they need more money so they want more hours. Everything he said could easily be translated to the men as well. Guys too can be the same way….father not happy that his not a doctor.
This makes me think of myself. As to how I am to other men. As a wife, I don’t think I expect too much from my husband. He like all of us has roles to play and within those roles we have our own sets of responsibilities. These responsibilities do not imply that one is more significant over the other rather that these are the basic roles and duties that were dictated by the great Author our God. We share and delegate responsibilities by communicating with each other. So, what I am saying is that I do things to please him and well as he does things for me to please me. Then as a daughter, I don’t expect too much from my father as well. I believe all of us have roles to play and when those roles are played out then we are please no matter if you are a woman or a man.

No comments:

Overcome With Cuteness

Overcome With Cuteness