Hotel fears

Hidden Hotel-Room Dangers



I have a fear in staying in hotel rooms. Because of stories I hear about bed bugs, lice, blood stains, rats and what not. Are you afraid of bed bugs? Those nasty creatures will eat you alive. That is why I get freaked out when I go traveling and have to stay in a hotel. I like most people bring my own tooth brush, soap, face towel, and such. But, what can we do about the beds? I mean have you thought about how many people have sleep on that very bed? Gross isn't it…well that is why I get freaked out. The first thing I do when I get to the hotel is to check if everything is in order. Then I would check the bed to see if I can see anything that is amiss. If a problem arises I would usually ring the manager to either have the problem resolved or change to another room. If it is more dramatic I would change hotels. What would you do? Do you know of any horror stories about hotel rooms? I have and let me tell you they are hard to stomach down.
I was told a horror story from a fellow Myotter. She said that when she was in Indonesia she came across some scary and disgusting situations. When she was in one of the hotel room she saw that someone has written a message on the wall with chalk saying that whoever is in that room to not stay there because there were bed bugs and flees there. She said she even saw specs of bloods too. It was too late for her to do anything but tell the management to change into another room. While she was sleeping she heard tiny foot steps walking across the plastic bags she had on the floor. It could have been rats or mice that were on the floor making those noises.
Another Mylotter told me that she and her family also had a bad experience in a hotel. She saw in the corner of her eye something reddish so she lifted up the sheets she saw blood all over the sheets. Management gave them a new room but it was too late by morning time her son was covered with bites.
On the news dated a few months back, I remember a story about a woman and her husband who went on a business trip. They stayed in a hotel with bed bugs that had bitten her all over her body from the neck down. She was suing the hotel for their lack of cleanliness. That incident left her traumatized. She also went through a lot of pain and suffering. The shocking thing is that it was in the US.
One fellow Mylotter who worked for Marriott for many years gave us a few pointers as what to do when we get into our hotel room. First peel off the bedspreads because they don’t get cleaned after every stay. Whoever sleeps there left their stuff on there whatever it might be. That could be hairs, blood or any kind of stains or what not. You have to look very closely and inspect the bed and its surroundings. After that you should inspect the toilet room. Sometimes certain hotels use dirty rags and poisonous chemicals to clean drinking glasses so be forewarned not to use those. Bring your own bottle water. These are just a few tips but you should keep in mind some hotels are clean and you need not worry.
So, when you are planning your next trip do your research. Find out if the place you are sleeping in is a clean place and had no complaints. Here is one website you can go check to get advice before your trip http://www.tripadvisor.com. I am sure there are many other websites that can give you more information.

No comments:

Overcome With Cuteness

Overcome With Cuteness