Christmas shopping--how retailers keeps you in and shop shop shop

Wow, today we went to do some more Christmas shopping today and the stores were packed. My daughter Pbj wanted to go do some shopping of her own today and so we took her. It was hard finding parking and once we got into the store it got worst. So many people which means long lines. The good thing is that we only have two more gifts to get and we are done. I bought two more gifts for Pbj today too which I feel kind of bad about. I only got Bree Bree two Christmas presents but Pbj so far have gotten nine Christmas presents from me already and it's not even Christmas yet so that means I might end up buying more...

I know I should be buying stuff like crazy but I think it is the retail shops that are making me buy. I major is in marketing so I kinda understand why I buy like crazy around the holidays. Did you know that companies pay big bucks to find out how to increase sales from their customers? The do a lot of research and promotions. From the outside of the shop to the back of the shop. They put things you need to get all the way in the back of the store so that when you go get that product that you need you have to walk pass a lot of things you don't need but might want to buy. Very tempting things like junk foods and other related stuff. For example you will go in for a TV right well they put that toward the back wall and before you get to the TVs you would pass by DVD players, CD players all the electronics stuff that you might need before you get to the thing you do need...and those DVDs and CD's are put right up in the front nicely put in racks to stop you and tempt you. In front of the cashier they have things like gums and such that you don't need but since you are standing in line you might pick up a snack, or a magazine or such....

They got me sold LOL. If you even notice when you step into the mall you will see on the floor it has clear marking for where they will guide you to stay and look around some more. They even have a certain scent to make it smell good in there so you stay a bit longer. They use many different tactics to keep you in the shop longer so that you can find more stuff to buy. Very good business to go into that is why they pay the advertisers and marketers so much to figure how and what to put on point of sales...What they invest in brings them back twice full.

Now you know who to blame when your hubby ask why you spent so much at the mall LOL...it's not me honey it's the shop...it did some kind of voodoo on me and it made me buy buy buy LOL....

No comments:

Overcome With Cuteness

Overcome With Cuteness