Too cute or over the top--drama princess

I wanted to know how to correct a learned behavior. I used to think it was so cute the Pbj cries over every little thing (even spilled milk). Like I said in the other post, Pbj is some what spoil rotten. She learned that she can get whatever she wants if she cries. If she demands it, she gets it. Well, I don't know if I am lacking more patience for her now that I have little Bree Bree. She seems to be jealous sometimes and sometimes it just seems that it is just her. For example, Pbj wants something that is in Bree Bree's hand she will grab it from Bree Bree. If we say Bree Bree is so cute when she does(fill in the blank), then immediately Pbj would ask "how about me mommy?" If my hubby is rocking Bree Bree to sleep, Pbj too wants to be rock to sleep. Don't get me wrong, Pbj loves Bree Bree to death. She cries in the mere mentioning of separating her and precious little Bree Bree. Pbj does seem like she is crying out for attention.
I asked her Pediatrician about what to do. She said that just to teach her how to trade with her younger sibling in regards to sharing toys. As far as her attention neediness, no answer there. She just said that she is jealous. I am desperately looking for answers on how to change her behavior. Recently, she can't bare to part from her daddy. What that means is that we all go to work with daddy. Yes, we would drop daddy at his work, then we would drive to where ever to rest then go back to see daddy for lunch then again to pick up daddy to go home. She also would cry more often now too. Sweet little Bree Bree is crying more often too but for her it is for another reason. I will touch base on this on another blog. But for Pbj she cries after she saw something or when Bree Bree tears something on a piece of paper that had something cute on it. When she was 1 years old I remember her watching a Kirby cartoon. Pbj cried because a big ugly octopus at a sheep. She kept crying bealaaa out the sheep (her way of saying spit out the sheep). It was so cute that even though I was comforting her to stop crying, I secretly wanted to hear her cry and talk some more. Now a days, I think it is a little over the top. She does not say bealaaa out the sheep anymore she just cries. Miss drama princess here does a lot of things over the top. Like if she wants a cookies she would say I can't let that cookie go, I dreamt about eating it, I can stop thinking about the taste of it, can I have one more pleaseeeeeeee. What gets my goat is that when she is doing her spelling or math and I correct her, she would go on a rage. Pbj hate it when someone does her work or correct her work when she is not done. The rage will not just stop with crying but with screaming, kicking and world war 3 it seems. It we joke with her like saying we going to go buy such and such for someone other than her, she would go on that same rage. The crying does not stop in ten minutes nor half an hour it seems like it goes on for hours on end. She is very grown up though, when she knows she is in trouble she saves us the trouble of putting her in the corner. She put herself there and do the count off herself. If she can't calm down, she would walk over to the kitchen island and grab a cup and fill it with cold water from the fridge to drink. Afterwards, she would walk over say sorry, give you a kiss on the forehead,cheeks, chin then lips. You would say "Wow what a sweetie pie-right?" No, she then cries again, and says but you don't love me because of such and such. Then, miss drama princess is back. If any one out there know how to correct this or have ideas feel free to comment it for me. I would thank you from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Overcome With Cuteness

Overcome With Cuteness