Halloween, family fun time

Halloween is coming! This is one of my daughter's (Pbj) favorite holidays. What kid wouldn't want a free pass to eat all the candies they can shove into their mouth? But, in all honesty, my daughter has been taught by my hubby that eating too much candy is bad. Pbj would be the first to tell you that eating too many sweets will make you fat, develop diabetes, or state plainly that it is not healthy. Don't get me wrong, this kid loves her sweets but she hast learned to limit herself.

Other than candies, she loves the part about getting to dress up in her favorite costume and show the world. Don't tell her but I love it more. Seeing her eyes open wide when she sees all these different kids with costumes. What I love most is the family time we get to spend with each other. Really it is a family reunion of some sort. My whole family would come over to my house and we would go walking with the girls (My Pbj and niece Kai Kai) to go trick or treating. My sisters, me and my hubby will wear a costume but my folks won't put one on. My daughter tried to get them to put one on but they won't do it. Hey, if my Pbj can't get them to do it then they won't for anyone. This kid seems to have the ability to get my folks and my second sis to jump on her command. Spoiled rotten is what my hubby used to say. She was the first born and also the only grandchild in both families (his and mine) for three years. Now, she has a sibling to join her in the fun. I don't know if my hubby and I should get new costumes this year or just wear last year's. It is much easier for the kids, if they are young enough slap anything on them and they are okay with it. If they are Pbj's age they know exactly what they want and they will not hold back on their choice.

Pbj loves her Belle costume, so she picked that again. Even though she wore it when she was two (now five years old). She was a darling little princess. She even did her princess hand wave for us. She just melts my heart. We took tons of pictures of her right outside of the house. When I showed the pictures to my parents and my in-laws their mouths just dropped in amazement. Then again, what grandparents don't think their little ones are the most beautiful little beauties in the world. I will post her picture for this Halloween later, then you can help me compare it. Call me cheap, but I usually buy clothes (that includes costumes too) two to three sizes bigger than she is. That way she can wear them again or at least a while. I usually pin them up or hem it, then as she grows I will let the hem out. Psst, to be honest most of the time I use safety pins or rubber bands to hold or pull them up. Whatever it needs, I imper vise. And at times like this, she can wear it again and I don't have to go out and spend more money on a costume. When she is not wearing them, I use them as decorations for her playroom. I hung them all over the wall in her play room with pictures of her wearing that costume right next to it. It makes her smile and it makes me happy.

This will be sweet little Bree Bree's first Halloween, I went and got her a little pink girl lamb costume (so adorably cute). The next day that I got the costume, the sun was out. The warm comforting sun hugged my face like a fuzzy teddy bear (or shall I say lamb he he). It felt like summer again. We had to take some pictures. So, me and my hubby went and dress Pbj in her pink sleeping beauty dress(Aurora) and Bree Bree in the pink lamb costume (if you know girls they had to match, hence the Aurora not Belle dress). First we thought maybe we can take the pictures on the balcony, but no my sweeties wanted to be on the nice green lawn outside. Then we took them outside and snapped some great pictures. I posted the picture, maybe you guys can give me a commit on it.

PBJ and I did most of the decorations in the house for Halloween. My hubby wanted in on this, so he drew some of his handy dandy pictures of his own. I was really amazed with what Pbj can do. She drew this pumpkin family picture of us, it is totally fabulous. She drew daddy first with his little mole (always has to put that stamp of approval on there) with a face that looks like he saw a ghost, herself next to daddy pony tails tied with flowers and bows and that cute Pbj trade mark smile, Bree Bree next to her which is a small cute yet chubby pumpkin with two little bow ties on her hair, then a tiny little me (she said she ran out of room so she had to draw me tiny to fit) I too have bows on my hair too. Can you imagine, me in my thirties wearing bow ties on my hair lol. She is so cute she given me a smile on the picture too, the same sweet one Bree Bree has on her. Yeah, not her trade mark one. Pbj's trade mark smile is a big ear to ear smile showing her teeth. I can't wait, this is when we can spend quality family time together having fun.

No comments:

Overcome With Cuteness

Overcome With Cuteness