Routine baby Vaccines took away my happy baby

The day started with a great big smile ear to ear from my little bundle of joy. Bree Bree always greeted me with a smile and giggles. Some people might not believe me if I tell them that my baby was always smiling at me and babbling when she was born. Well, I witness it and so did some of my family members. My cute little Bree Bree always smiles for everyone (even the nurse that gave her her shots). Like I said, on this great day the warm sun was out the birds were singing (a day for a walk in the park or out on the beach for some fun). But, we had to go into the cold scary pediatricians' office. This is her six month set of vaccine shots. I had given Bree Bree her Tylenol half an hour before we got to the office. The nice smiling nurse had me take off all of Bree Bree's clothes even her diaper. Then, the nurse weighted my innocent little Bree Bree. After measuring her height and her head, I was told she was above the 95 percentile for height and that her weight was above the 90 percentile. The pediatrician came in, checked her out and said Bree Bree was very healthy. My precious little Bree Bree gave her a wide smile. Then, when the nurse came back in she was trying to babble and even gave her the biggest smile she can, as if attempting to use her cuteness to avoid getting the shot. The nurse even said that she didn't want to give her to shot because her smile is so cute. She didn't want to make Bree Bree cry. After the shot, yes all hell broke loose. Bree Bree cried her heart out and Pbj cried along with her, saying that she felt bad for her little "Sib-Sib". Bree Bree cried all the way home. My broken heart felt as if ten thousand knives were poking it. That very day, my happy baby went away. She became sick the next day with a fever which the doctor assured me was normal. The fever went away in two days. Then she developed a cold. She had no bad symptoms that I could see but a runny nose. However, she was not her usual smiling, bubbly happy self. It was as if the vaccine had done something to radically alter her personality. The doctor told me to give her pedio meds but when I got a different opinion upon speaking to the pharmacist, who stated in no uncertain terms in his opinion, that if it were his child at six months of age nothing should be given to her if the only thing amiss was a runny nose. So, I did a nasal cleaning for her and in about three days to a week so gotten over that.

At first, I thought it was the sickness that made her so unhappy. She didn't sleep through the night like she did before the shots. She would get up every hour to every half hour to cry. Even after she has gotten well, she didn't sleep through the night. She didn't wake up with a smile on her face. No more happy giggles. You know if you are a mother, that if your child has difficulty sleeping mommy will not get any sleep, either. And at times daddy's don't either. Now, at eight month my Bree Bree is smiling every so often (not like before, she was always smiling). However, she is still not sleeping peacefully through the nights yet. Finger crossed, hoping and praying that my happy baby come back home to me.

Makes me think are all these vaccines necessary? Can we opt out? Can't they just pass a law making it a parent's choice rather than a compulsory, forced sort of healthcare treating us as if we were mere cattle to be prodded or mice to be experimented upon? Are we ever given the choice to make an informed decision on which shots to give to our infants and which ones we don't want?! After this incident, I am scared to death about her next set of shots. Also after this, I have come to believe that the shots are not necessary at all, that anything done to promote them to being mandatory for every child born in America is the result of successful lobbying by major pharmaceutical companies in Congress in an attempt to create a constant flow of money at the expense of the citizens and their precious children. Those greedy bastards probably don't give any of their children the shots. Any comment or advice for me? Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Overcome With Cuteness

Overcome With Cuteness