Gourd Galore

I love my little garden. It's actually my little daughter's garden. She was doing a project for school, and decided to do some plant growing as her science project. She planted beans and herbs in different environments; One in a self watering plastic bottle, one in a pot of soil outside, and one in aquaphonic tank with a beta fish in it. That idea of hers ballooned into an entire garden that was much too big for indoors, so we moved it out to the backyard.

She first started with herbs and tomatoes, then slowly added in ten different veggies, and in the blink of an eye we somehow added twenty more plants. It was too late to turn back LOL. Her organic garden was in full bloom, and her spirit and enthusiasm came and left. When the garden was first planted outside, she watered it three times a day, doing this religiously for about a month. She pulled weeds out of the garden, and nourished the plants with organic feeds. It was very exciting seeing her face light up as she harvested her herbs and veggies with that youthful energy that I would never see in myself again  :D!  However, when her tomatoes, eggplants and gourds wouldn't have fruits but only flowers, she got bored waiting. She stop watering the plants in the morning and afternoon, and would only water it at night. That only means mommy steps in to water it for her during the times she was indisposed. The gourd plants started reaching up so I made a trellis for them. Then one day, my daughter went outside with her dog, she screamed for joy. I went out and this is what she saw in the picture. The gourds started coming out for every where. We have harvested unlimited supplies of tomatoes, eggplants and gourds. The gourds seems never ending. There are four trellis of gourds outside and their leaves are huge and soft. If I look down to the garden from my master bedroom window, all I see is gourds LOL.

No comments:

Overcome With Cuteness

Overcome With Cuteness