What is this world coming to

I was out in the restaurant with my sister and my two little babies. When we were stepping out of the restaurant nonchalantly, a clean cut well groomed gentleman (Looser)came rushing toward us. Looser came to the door and I thought he was going to open the door for us. The looser had a nice gray silk tie, gray suit, a pair of shiny black Penny Loafers on. My sister opened one of the door and we all stepped out. She headed for the car fast. The doggy bag my sister was holding was very hot. Everything seemed okay, then the looser came closer to us. His smell came full force hitting us in the face, he was drunk (so we thought). He wreaked like he had not taken a bath for days. I grabbed my youngest tight around my arm and held my oldest hand and pulled her closer to my body. I tried to walk away from him fast, but he stopped us dead on our track. While holding the bottle of liquors (in a brown paper bag) with one hand he held out his other hand saying "Do you have change?". I tried my best to avoid him but could not do it, my children were all scared and my sister already walked to the car. I had no hands to reach for anything (thank goodness), I told him no and walked quickly away. He then shouted some chosen favorite 4 letter words of his. We ignored him but my oldest kept on asking why is he shouting and what does that mean. While I was trying to buckle the oldest one in he came toward our car. My sister then went over and open the other door so I can jump in quick with my youngest. We manage to get into the car before he got to us. Then, when we honked at him to get out of our way so we can leave, he continue shouting and spitting on to my sister's car.

What is this world coming to? We did not asked for this treatment nor did we do anything to provoke it. Why then do we have to go through something like this? He didn't look to be someone we should be afraid of. Now, I looked back on the times I told my oldest about strangers. How not to speak to them, now I have to tell her not to even look directly at them and just start running. My gosh, what have happen to my world? I remember a time when we can play outside, go shopping and even leave my door open and we would not be in danger. But, for today we can not be safe anywhere. People are not what they seem to be. Look and be suspicious of everyone and keep your young ones away from them as well. The days of security has gone and went. Not only is our economy going down the tube but so is most of the peoples' moral!

No comments:

Overcome With Cuteness

Overcome With Cuteness