Prioritize your life and everything fall into order

I like many others, go through life day by day and hope for the best. I worried about where I live and how others view me. I love my big house (mansion called by some), love my gated neighborhood and I love my cool gadgets (computers,cameras,etc). At times it seems as though my friends come first before my own family members. What I learned now is that I didn't have my priorities straight.
People and things come and go. Family and the ones who love you will be the ones who will stay through the test of time. If you knew that you were going to die tomorrow, what would you do differently now? I know I don't live my life to the fullest like I would like to preach now. I want to tell you to live your life to your fullest and treasure those who you care for. Before my husband's wonderful loving grandmother (woman who raised him) past away, she inspired me and my husband. My husband said that Mama (what we all called grandma)told the doctor to heal her she would pay any price. She was in constant pain from her cancer, yet she fought it with her tooth and nails. She still wanted to live, not for herself but for the ones who love her dearly. If you knew that you were dying would you ask God to grant you more time to make more money, buy more stuff, or spend more time to settle your love ones? For me, I would pray and beg for more time to be spent with my family and tell them how much I love them.
Although I said that I would put my family first, do I really do that? I try my best too. I know with time I will. I still worry about giving my daughters the finer things in life. I want them to live in a big house and have all those nice toys. I want vacations, trips to any where just because, dinning out, shopping and shower my babies with stuff. I know in the end my daughters wouldn't care if we live in a hole in the wall or under a bridge as long as mommy and daddy is there with them. I know that if I given them a ball made out of toilet paper, they would have just as much fun as if I have brought them an expensive toy. What matters to my kids is that their love ones are here to protect and love them. That is the only thing that matters. To me too, deep down inside what matters is them (my family), not the materialistic things the so call stuff that fills my world. When I get sick these things will not be able to help me but my love ones can. Treat the ones who love you like royalty. If you have to choose going online, watching TV or playing with your kids, get off your butt and play with them. I preach this but still trying my very best to practice it. All though life I was taught in an Asian family where hugging and kissing was not what grown up do in front of kids or with their kids. This made it very hard for me to show affections toward my own family (my husband and kids).
From my husband and kids, I learned to love and show affections(lot of hugs and kisses). I kiss and hug my husband in front of my kids to tell them that I love my hubby aka Pbj's and Bree Bree's daddy. Hubby does a lot of things for me too, like buying flowers just because he loves me, making me coffee even though he just got home from a long commute, or giving me a massage even though his hand is in pain. Those are a few of the many loving gestures my hubby would do for me to show to me that he loves me and also to show to the girls that this is the type of man you want for a husband. We learned through our six years of marriage that when you love someone you have to have a lot of patience, give a lot of grace and open your heart to forgive.
Right now slow down, breath in and breath out. Think where you want yourself to be and how you would want to live your life. Put people first and things last. Where you live or what you have does not matter in life it is how you treat others. In your final day would you be able to bring all your stuff with you? You come into this world in your birthday suit and you will exit the same way. Imagine if you were to go tomorrow who would be there for you? If you treat others the way you would like to be treated, this world would be a better place to live. Treat people right and use things that is what my husband preach to us. I agree when you love people and use things (hubby's straight quote), everything else will fall into order. You show your kids that you take care of your mom and dad (grandparents) they then in the future will hopefully treat you right too, domino effect. Build good moral character by teaching the young ones how to prioritize their life by example.

No comments:

Overcome With Cuteness

Overcome With Cuteness