Needle Felt Animals - Schnauzer Dog



  My girls are so creative! We had a fun night yesterday, we made needle-felted animals. I made this Schnauzer Dog. It is done by stabbing the wool fibers/felt with a very sharp felt needle (ouch, I did stab myself a couple of times). What we did was to make the head and body we roll the wool into a ball and stab, punch, and roll the wool into shape. Then we make bean like shapes for the arms and legs. At the end we put them together like a puzzle and to stick them together we punch/stab the wool to stick to one another. These animals are so adorable, I thought to myself YES, I want to make more then I was like heck no my fingers are still hurting.

     The girls and I had tons of fun that is what matters. It was a great bonding experience with the girls. This I say might be more fun than the loom. It took me an hour or so to make this dog in the picture.



No comments:

Overcome With Cuteness

Overcome With Cuteness